1.To enter the competition, each participant must first be registered, downloading the register form in pdf on this page, fill it in and send it by their teacher, parent or guardian to Shaun.Competition@britishcouncil.org.mx
2. Each completed entry must include (i) a scanned copy of the official identification of the teacher, parent or guardian who will accompany the winning child to FIL; (ii) a digital copy of the child’s birth certificate; (iii) a letter of authorization for the use of your drawing or design (template attached).
3. Only one drawing or design will be received for each registered participant.
4. The work, drawing or image to be scanned for sending it in digital format through the website of the British Council in format: .jpeg or .pdf, at the following address: Shaun.Competition@britishcouncil.org.mx
5. The design that best represents the friendship between the UK and Mexico will be chosen as winner considering artistic skill, originality of concept and innovativeness of design.
6. British Council will form a jury that will choose two winning entries, one for each age category.
7. Those designs that are not original authoring and those which do not comply with the required format will be disqualified.
8. Identification documents will be verified before granting the awards, and those contestants whose data is unverifiable will be disqualified.
9. Participants who win must be available for travel from 27 to 30 November from their home to Guadalajara, accompanied by an adult who must necessarily be their parent or guardian. Travel expenses and accommodation will be
paid by the British Council.
10. During participation at FIL, photographs will be taken and video recorded of the winners and their companions. These materials will be used in various media for the dissemination of the competition and the awards ceremony, so that participation in the contest implies consent to take the photographs and video, as well as their distribution.
11. The judges' decision is final and will be announced on the contest page, in social networks and by email to the winners, on 20 November 2015.
12. Personal data of the participants is confidential, and will be treated in accordance with legal provisions and the British Council’s Privacy Notice available in the website: http://www.britishcouncil.org.mx/terminos-privacidad
13. Participation in this competition implies full acceptance of the conditions of this call. Likewise participation in this competition implies the acknowledgement and submission to the conditions of this call and the Organizers’ decisions. Any participant that might incur in any noncompliance with the conditions and/or rules set for the execution of this contest will cause him/her to be immediately disqualified, or where possible, the revocation of the earned prize without any liability for the Organizers.
14. Any case not foreseen in this call will be resolved by the British Council.
• This call is in effect from 30 October to 15 November 2015.
• The drawings or designs will be received from 30 October to 15 November 2015. Late entries will not be accepted under any circumstances.
• The award ceremony will take place on Sunday 29 November at 16:00 hrs, at FIL Niños, Book Exhibition Festival at Av. Alemania 1370, Colonia Moderna, 44190 Guadalajara, Jalisco.
For questions, you can contact the British Council by writing to the following email address: Shaun.Competition@britishcouncil.org.mx