The British Council invites proposals from UK suppliers to co-design and co-facilitate the methodology and contents for an online programme focused on policy innovation for public servants working at the Ministry of Economy of Puebla, Mexico, as well as other participants doing joint programmes with the ministry, with the main aim of outlining the development path of the creative economy strategy for the state of Puebla. The selected UK organisation will be working alongside a Mexican organisation on this work.
The project will be delivered from October 2021 to January 2022 (4 months). The programme will be collaboratively shaped by the UK supplier, the Mexican supplier (recruitment in process), and the British Council in Mexico.
About Puebla and the Ministry of Economy
Puebla is the fourth largest city in Mexico and the fourth largest Metropolitan area in Mexico, the city serves as one of the main hubs for eastern Central Mexico. Puebla is also part of the UNESCO creative city networks in the field of design. Nowadays, its Ministry of Economy is looking to develop a roadmap for delivering its creative economy strategy throughout the state, being Puebla strong in crafts, design, marketing, and software. The Ministry of Economy is looking forward to the creation of a comprehensive public policy that can include the priorities of related institutions in creative economy areas. They are also interested in mapping the actions done outside the organisation, as well as coordinating plans and activities among other local institutions to have a bigger and more integrated impact on the development of the creative economy sector in Puebla.
The selected UK partner will contribute to the mapping out the development path of the creative economy strategy for the state of Puebla through two main activities: The design and cofacilitation of a participatory, inter-secretariat workshop for 20-25 public servants from diverse ministries and the creation of a toolkit under creative commons license that will contain the methodological process of the workshop and will serve as a reference to draw roadmaps or to trace diverse routes of development for local economies.
The core objectives of the overall programme include:
- Train public servants in human-centred or service design methodologies that can help them to develop or map a creative economy strategy for the state of Puebla that eventually will help them in the creation of an integrated public policy among different ministries.
- Consolidate a network of actors and allies of the government of Puebla in the creative economy.
- Create a toolkit for public and open use that will contain the methodological process of the workshop and will serve as a reference to draw road maps.
- Creation of a roadmap that will contribute to the development of the creative economy strategy of Puebla.
- The maximum budget available is £18,000 GBP (VAT included). Proposals must include a pricing approach.
To submit a proposal for the opportunity please download and read the instructions included in the RFP pack. The pack includes the core RFP which covers specifications, deliverables and proposal guidance, and additional application annexes.
The deadline for proposals is 19 September 2021.
Clarification questions and proposals should be sent to Nancy.Sanchez@britishcouncil.org
Joint applications between Mexican and British suppliers will be highly appreciated. Click here to go to the open call for Mexican suppliers.