Open Call to participate in the workshop: “Intellectual Property for Social Enterprising. Solving Social Problems through University Innovation”.
The workshop aims to explore the role of Intellectual Property rights in the context of exploiting university research outputs and addresses mechanisms and routes that are necessary for the development of social enterprises initiatives.
We welcome applications from:
1) Early career researchers. We expect that researchers have been awarded their PhD not more than 10 years prior to the date of the workshop, or have an equivalent work experience. Allowances will be made for career breaks.
2) Professionals working in transfer of technology offices at Universities and Research Institutes. Preferably with experience of 1-2 years within the TTO, but no more than 10 years, holding a masters’ degree in management or with a scientific background.
3) Policy makers in science and innovation preferably with experience of 1-2 years but no more than 10 years.
4) Social Entrepreneurs.
Please be aware that the Fund does not allow participants from for-profit organizations
The Fund requires the workshop to be held in English, therefore participants are expected to be proficient enough to engage fully in discussions.
Applications must relate to the aim of the workshop. The areas of interest include but are not limited to:
1) Different types of IP protection and their use, including non-conventional types from the perspective of social enterprise.
2) Linking academy and social entrepreneurship: licensing models, and best practices on IP management, to improve virtuous circle of development through Social Enterprises in Research Institutes.
Abstracts should describe original work, not published or submitted elsewhere, written in English, with a maximum of 300 words, and should be submitted as PDF file.
The following information must be included in the submitted document: 1. Presentation title; 2. Author(s)’ name; 3. Abstract; 4. Author(s)’ information: degrees, institutional affiliations, and a brief résumé (no more than 100 words per author).
Please use the following naming for the file name: AuthorLastName_FirstName_Title.pdf . Example: Smith_John_IPTools.pdf
Applications and enquiries should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or to Professor Guido Westkamp: email@example.com
When submitting your application, please state in the subject line that is coming from the UK. Please note that we are unfortunately unable to inform unsuccessful candidates.
The fund will cover travel and accommodation.
Deadline for submitting abstracts: 12 May 2017.
Notification of acceptance: on or shortly after 1 June 2017.
Presentations and workshop: 7th to 11th of August 2017 in Mexico City