The British Council and UCL Institute of Education are pleased to present the Becoming a Better Teacher: Exploring Professional Development online programme.
This is a free Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) starting on 5 February 2018 and will help you to build your skills and learn more about different routes to professional development.
Join a community of others working in education, share your experiences and grow as a teacher. This is professional development designed to respond to your needs and is accessible to everyone whatever resources are available to you.
By the end of this course, you will be better able to:
- Think about your personal beliefs about teaching, learning and professional development
- Answer the question ‘what is successful professional development?’
- Use reflective skills to identify and develop aspects of your professional learning and practice
- Apply a range of tools and strategies to reflect on and improve teaching and learning
- Create your own professional development plans
- Interact with and learn from other teachers through online communities of practice.
This online course is broken into simple steps and will help you develop your reflective skills and improve classroom practice. It includes short video interviews with experienced teachers and activities, discussions, polls and quizzes.
You will be guided through the course by British Council and UCL Institute of Education tutors, and you can share your experiences and opinions with other teachers from across India and around the world!