The Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) Essentials course provides an introduction to English language teaching methodology for teachers who want to develop expertise in Communicative Language Teaching (CLT). It is suitable for both beginning teachers who need to develop knowledge of key concepts in ELT and experienced teachers who want to update their methodology.
Who is the course for?
If you are a teacher of English or you teach other subjects via English, this course can help you if you would like to improve your classroom practice and theoretical knowledge. This course is suitable for those who would like to take the TKT examinations, but can also be used as a standalone teacher training course.
Why take this course?
- To formally demonstrate to an employer or to parents that you have knowledge of teaching English.
- TKT can help you to get the teaching job you want.
- To use as a stepping stone to higher Cambridge qualifications, such as CELTA.
It is a three-module course that covers the key concepts in the theory of communicative language teaching. It provides a comprehensive introduction to knowledge for the teacher about language learners and actual classroom practice. Each module leads to an internationally recognised teaching qualification from the University of Cambridge.
On this course you will:
- formally develop your knowledge of teaching English language skills and systems
- learn how to evaluate and use teaching materials
- gain experience with up-to-date methods and approaches
- have access to British Council customised materials.