What do we mean by Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)?
Equality – Providing access to opportunities for groups which continue to be disadvantaged, enabling full participation in the workplace and wider society.
Diversity – Making the most effective use of the differences and similarities between people for the benefit of organisations and wider society.
Inclusion – Making all people welcome, allowing and encouraging all to participate.
What are our values?
We are committed to employing teachers and staff members that adhere to our values:
- Valuing people
What does this mean in our language schools?
- We treat every student as an individual and welcome students of all backgrounds; regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or religion.
- We value every student’s potential and contribution and encourage the sharing of cultures, languages and knowledge.
- We provide an inclusive classroom environment giving students with disabilities the opportunity to learn alongside their non-disabled peers.
- Our teachers are trained to recognise the needs of each individual, differentiating tasks and activities to ensure that every student’s needs are met.
- Our school is a multi-cultural environment, with over 10 nationalities represented, exposing students to a variety of cultures.
- In our classes we use literature by a range of different authors from around the world, to provide a culturally rich syllabus.
- Our classes cover a range of different contemporary, moral and ethical issues.
- We encourage our students to work independently to find creative solutions to problems.