If you have a disability or a special need, contact us at least four weeks before your test date. You will need to provide medical evidence that meet the following criteria:
- is legible and either in Spanish or in English
- was issued within the last two years is an original document on headed paper and bearing the name, relevant qualification(s) and signature of a recognised practitioner
- gives a clear statement of the candidate’s disability
- makes it clear how the disability justifies special arrangements.
What type of special arrangement and support we can offer you?
Modified test materials
If you require modified test materials due to hearing or visual impairments you may be eligible for modified exam materials, including:
- Braille papers (Grade 1/un-contracted or Grade 2/contracted)
- large print: either A4 size (18pt bold font) or A3 size (15.5pt font)
- listening materials: special needs CD or lip-reading test
- speaking materials: Braille or large print written prompt or large print visual prompt
- an amanuensis (a person who will write down your answers)
- a reader
- a scribe/copier (verbatim transcript).
Administrative arrangements (e.g. extra time)
If you require administrative arrangements due to dyslexia or physical difficulty you may be able to request special administrative arrangements, including:
- extra time: 25-100 per cent extra time depending on a test taker’s need
- supervised breaks during the test
- a separate room
- separate invigilation.