Key information about the Foundation English Test structure
- The test is delivered on a computer and takes about 80-90 minutes to complete
- The content of the test is a mixture of everyday English and English used in a workplace environment
- There is no grammar or vocabulary component
- It measures English proficiency from A1 to B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Practice tests are available, and special accommodations can be made for test takers with special needs
A key element of this test is the length- we’ve purposefully cut the overall duration to make the test more manageable. However, we still test the four key language skills in enough depth to give an accurate result.
The four components are structured as follows: