About this opportunity
Higher Education Links provides seed funding for Mexican Higher Education Institutions to collaborate internationally and to gain access to UK expertise. This will support the strengthening of their role in society not only as academic units but also as regional development drivers, enabling them to translate their institutional efforts into economic and societal benefit.
This programme is designed to be flexible and responsive to Mexico country needs, allowing applicants to establish collaborations on areas linked to regional priorities and to bring in public, private and third sector partners. Higher Education Links also promotes transnational education strategies that have the potential to positively impact on the current socio-economic development efforts in Mexico.
Proposals submitted for this call must be aligned with a wider Higher Education strategy. It is important to consider that this programme is not intended to fund research activities on specific areas of knowledge.
Size of grant: £10,000 - £15,000
Priority areas: Higher education strategy, student employability, research & development.
ODA requirement: All applications must meet the required relevance to economic development or social welfare (see guidelines for further information) of Mexico.
- Each proposal must have one Principal Applicant from the UK, as well as a Principal Applicant from Mexico.
- Applicants in the UK must be based at a not-for-profit Institution with a record as an international development promoter agent, including: Universities, Research Centres, Public Offices and NGOs.
- Applicants in Mexico must be based at a not-for-profit Higher Education or related Institution with a record as a regional development promoter agent, including Universities, Research Centres and other not- for-profit organizations.
- Other eligibility criteria apply. Please refer to the guidelines document available from the download section below for full eligibility criteria.
Deadline: 10 September 2018
UPDATE: We will be receiving applications for extensions to submit proposals until September 10. * Extension deadlines will be granted up to the 17 September 2018.
How to apply
1. Download and read fully the guidelines document from the download section.
2. Complete the online application form, a word docx version of the application form is available from the downloads section.
3. Sent your completed application form to HELinks@britishcouncil.org.mx before the deadline. You will receive a unique application ID number with the confirmation of reception