British Council Mexico's Creative Leadership Programme aims to support the development of cultural and creative leaders by building professional skills and approaches to governance. This project is part of the Creative Collective initiative, a three-year British Council programme that supports creative economies in Mexico working with young creators, cultural leaders and civil service.
The British Council invites proposals to curate and produce a four-week online programme. Through this initiative, 12 Mexican creative leaders will be supported to develop new governance proposals, whilst engaging in and being inspired by a series of talks, workshops and discussions exploring approaches to cultural leadership and governance. The participating 12 Mexican cultural leaders will be recruited through an open call run by British Council Mexico in 2021, and this four-week programme will run from mid-January to late February 2022. The core objectives are to support the selected Mexican leaders to:
- improve their understanding of the principles of effective governance within creative and cultural organisations
- apply principles or/and models of cultural governance to their own projects or organisations, improving the resilience and sustainability of the institutions they lead
- identify and strengthen their cultural leadership skills
- access a global network consisting of UK and MX creative and cultural practitioners
The UK supplier will lead on programming and producing the four-week online programme. The budget managed by the UK supplier is £25,000 GBP (VAT included), which should include the proposed fee of the UK supplier. The UK supplier will be responsible for:
- Managing the £25,000 budget which should cover all costs of the programme and fees of all UK professionals involved, including the UK supplier fee. (British Council will pay for branding and fees for all Mexican professionals involved)
- Production and coordination of the totality of activities and sessions, including managing platforms and programme communication with participants (not including the open call for participating Mexican leaders which will be run by British Council)
- Curate and facilitate all speakers, facilitators, mentors and their sessions
- Manage and coordinate the selected Mexican participants
British Council Mexico has an existing programme structure (see RFP below). Though the UK supplier will not be responsible for the overall programme design, British Council nonetheless welcomes suggestions of any improvements, changes or augmentations to the existing programme outline.
To submit a proposal please download and read the instructions and further context included in the RFP pack. The pack includes the core RFP which covers specifications, deliverables and proposal guidance, and additional application annexes. We are open to applications from a range of organisations, from SMEs to large institutions. Proposals must include a pricing approach.
The deadline for proposals is 22 October 23.59 GMT
Clarification questions and proposals should be sent to Nancy.Sanchez@britishcouncil.org