Frequently asked questions about Aptis Remote
Aptis Remote FAQs
What is ProctorTrack?
ProctorTrack is test-tracking software that monitors (proctors) candidates during their test. It uses advanced technology to flag inappropriate behaviour and suspicious activity.
ProctorTrack must be downloaded onto the candidate's computer at least three days before the scheduled test day. After the test has been submitted and the video recording has been uploaded, the software can then be closed or un-installed.
What is onboarding?
Onboarding is part of the pre-test set up. Onboarding involves several steps including downloading ProctorTrack onto your computer, scanning your face and ID, and completing the familiarisation test. You are required to complete the onboarding process successfully in order to take your test on the scheduled day.
What device can I use for the test?
The test must be taken on a computer or laptop only. Please take time to check your computer meets the system requirements. The use of tablets and mobile phones is not allowed. You will need a computer that meets the minimum requirements as below:
- Operating system Windows 7 or higher, MAC OSX 10.12 or higher with a minimum of 1 to 2 GB free space.
- Processor/RAM Dual-core 2.4 Ghz CPU, 2 GB RAM or better (Windows), Intel Processor, 2 GB RAM or better (MAC)
- Browser Google Chrome 70 or higher. Other browsers are not compatible.
- Web-cam resolution 800x600 or better
- Keyboard and mouse Microphone or headset
- Internet connection cable modem, DSL or better (300 kbps download, 25 kbps upload)
- Only one keyboard, mouse, and monitor - multiple hardware devices connected to your computer can result in a policy violation.
What are live keycodes and how are they used?
Keycodes, also referred to as student codes, are a set of eight letters that are unique to each candidate and are used to identify you and the tests you are sitting.
After successfully completing your pre-test checks you will receive live keycodes before your test. You will need to enter these codes for each component of your Aptis test.
It is strictly forbidden to share these codes with anyone as they are linked to your name and your test details.
Why did I not recieve emails with instructions?
This could happen for several reasons:
- The email went to the spam/junk folder.
- Your email address has changed since the invite email was sent.
- Your email address was invalid and had bounced back.
We advise that you check your Inbox as well as Spam/Junk folders. If you still cannot find the email or your email address has changed, please contact your test administrator.
My onboarding was rejected, what should i do?
If your onboarding failed, you will be notified by the system. You need to attempt the onboarding process again. You can do this up to five times.
Possible reasons for rejection are:
- Missing or insufficient face scan
- Missing or insufficient ID scan
- Invalid ID Insufficient environment lighting
You will have to repeat the whole ID verification process again if your first attempt was rejected.
Remember, you will receive a reminder four days before the test date if you haven’t completed the onboarding process.
If you do not complete the onboarding by the set deadline, you will not be able to take the test.
I have further questions, can I speak to someone before my test?
Yes. Before your test day you will receive contact details of people who will be available to help you before and during the test with any questions or issues.
What if I am a returning candidate?
If you are re-taking the test, you will not be required to go through the onboarding process again (ID check, face scan and familiarisation test). Once the registration and onboarding processes are completed on ProctorTrack, they remain valid for two years. Before the test day you will receive an email with your live keycodes.